What a difference a second conference makes!
So what did I learn?
- Every level of genealogist attends this conference, from beginner to pioneer – and you can learn from all of them.
- Every year you go, you will re-connect with people you met before, they’ll introduce you to new people, and someday, you will become the one doing introducing!
- Working the Association of Professional Genealogists booth – or any booth – is a great way to meet cool new people.
- Networking is easy at luncheons, ProGen gatherings, or just sitting next to someone waiting for a lecture to begin.
- Supportive spouses and partners who “aren’t all that into genealogy” rock!
- Legends in our field are approachable.
- Citations don’t have to be complex or intimidating to write.
- Indirect evidence can be just as powerful as direct evidence.
- I really DO know some of this stuff!
- BCG (Board for Certification of Genealogists) certification is doable!
Next year’s 2017 conference will be in North Carolina – driving distance from Franklin County, Pennsylvania. And I can’t wait to re-connect with all my old and new friends.
Maybe I will be on the clock for certification by then?!?