Lectures & Workshops
A variety of lectures and workshops can be adapted to any size or level of group.
- “Starting Your Family Research” (4-session overview)
- “What did your Ancestors Leave YOU in their Probate Records?”
- “Finding Your Ancestors’ Addresses in Original Records”
- “Vacationing with Your Ancestors”
- “Writing for Records: Where & How”
- “Finding Family in Franklin County” (3-day overnight research retreat)
- “Using Franklin County Courthouse & Archival Records” (3-session cooperative presentation)
- “Recognizing the First Families of Franklin County, Pennsylvania”
- “The Impact of the 1918 Influenza Epidemic on One Franklin County Family”
- “The Two Emilie Lawrence Reeds of Blue Ridge Summit, Franklin County, Pennsylvania”
- “49 Postal Workers Who Signed a 1938 Document Found in the Library Renovation”
- “Hugh Dugan of Ireland, Pennsylvania, and New York and His Family”
- “History of the Dugan House, Owego, Tioga County, New York”
- “Finding Family in Slovakia”
Pam’s articles are based on thorough research, some in Franklin County, some from personal family genealogies, and some with the permission of clients who wanted to see their family’s story in print. Her writing experience has led to serving on editorial committees; peer reviewing articles for local, state, and national journals; and proof reading books for publication.
- Anderson, Pam Pracser, CG. “A Family for William Kesey of Pennsylvania, Ohio, and California.” National Genealogical Society Quarterly, vol. (Jul 2021), 125-139.
- Anderson, Pam, CG & Radovic-Moreno, Magdalena. “Unique Resources in County Archives.” National Genealogy Society Magazine, two parts, vol 47 (Apr 2021), 51-55 and “Society Forum: Developing a County Archive (Jul 2021), 47-51.
- Anderson, Pam Pracser. “The Life and Deaths of Minnie Compton Jackson: How the 1918 Influenza Epidemic Impacted One Franklin County Family.” Journal of Franklin County History, vol 30 (2018): 7-23.
- Anderson, Pam. “Cameras in the Courthouse.” National Genealogical Society Magazine, vol. 42 (Jan 2016): 19-23.
- Anderson, Pam. “Sgt. Charles Peterson: Gone but not Forgotten – In the Netherlands.” Journal of Franklin County History, vol. 27 (2015): 61-72.
- Anderson, Pam Pracser. “Hugh Dugan (1826–1885) of Ireland, Pennsylvania, and Owego, Tioga County, New York.” The New York Genealogical and Biographical Record, vol 151-152 (2020): 189-202, 304-311.
- Anderson, Pam Pracser. “Frank Feather: Artifacts Trace Migration of Itinerant Carver.” Maryland Genealogical Society Journal, vol 59 (2018): 467-486.
- Anderson, Pam Pracser. “Indirectly Identifying Relatives of Michael Kerns of Blair County and Huntingdon County, Pennsylvania.” National Genealogical Society Quarterly, vol. 105 (Jun 2017): 85-91.
- Anderson, Pam, CG. “Development Activities.” OnBoard, vol 27 (May 2021), 12-13.
- Pam Anderson, “Finding Family in Slovakia,” Crossed Keys Newsletter for the Franklin County Historical Society, vols. 30-31 (November 2014 – May 2015).
- Anderson, Pam. “Discovering My Roots: Finding the Last McMaster of Tioga County, NY.” Tioga County Historical Society Newsletter, vol. 2015 (Spring 2015): 6-7.
- Anderson, Pam. “Measuring Up: A Menu for Evaluating Business Success.” Association of Professional Genealogists Quarterly, vol. 35 (Sep 2020): 23-29.
- Anderson, Pam. “Transferable Skills: You’re Quitting Your Job to Do What?!” Association of Professional Genealogists Quarterly, vol. 31 (Sep 2016): 121-125.