What is included in a “Genealogy Research Project?”
- Client conference call to define feasibility, scope and project costs
- Review of information provided to formulate a research work plan
- Retrieval, photographs and copies of records from Franklin County repositories
- Written Reports:
- Development of a specific research Goal
- Record analysis and correlation with complete documentation and citations
- Transcriptions or abstracts of documents upon request
- Recommendations for future research
- Travel outside Franklin County
- Pennsylvania State Archives, Harrisburg
- Other Pennsylvania counties as needed
- Documented repository visits and time logs
- Strict Adherence to:
- House Histories
- Genealogy Coaching for the Do-It-Yourselfer
- Customized Franklin County Genealogy Tours
Affiliations Beyond Franklin County:
- “Frank Feather: Artifacts Trace Migration of Itinerant Carver,” Maryland Genealogical Society Journal, vol 59 (2018): 467-486.
- “The Life and Deaths of Minnie Compton Jackson: How the 1918 Influenza Epidemic Impacted One Franklin County Family,” Journal of Franklin County History, vol 30 (2018): 7-23.
- “Indirectly Identifying Relatives of Michael Kerns of Blair County and Huntingdon County, Pennsylvania,” National Genealogical Society Quarterly, vol. 105 (June 2017): 85-91.
- “Cameras in the Courthouse,” National Genealogical Society Magazine, vol. 42 (January-March 2016): 19-23.
- “Transferable Skills: You’re Quitting Your Job to Do What?!” Association of Professional Genealogists Quarterly, vol. 31 (September 2016): 121-125.
- “Sgt. Charles Peterson: Gone but not Forgotten – In the Netherlands,” Journal of Franklin County History, vol. 27 (2015): 61-72.
- “Discovering My Roots: Finding the Last McMaster of Tioga County, NY,” Tioga County Historical Society Newsletter, vol. 2015 (Spring 2015): 6-7.
- “Finding Family in Slovakia,” Crossed Keys Newsletter for the Franklin County Historical Society, vols. 30-31 (November-December 2014 – May-June 2015).
- “Using Franklin County Courthouse & Archival Records” (3 sessions)
- “Finding Your Ancestors’ Addresses”
- “Vacationing with Your Ancestors”
- “Writing for Records: Where & How”
- “Starting Your Family Research” (4 sessions)
- “The Impact of the 1918 Influenza Epidemic on one Franklin County Family”
- “Finding Family in Slovakia”
- Recording over 7500 Chambersburg’s Lincoln Cemetery burials on a spread sheet, 2015
- Indexing Franklin County Historical Society church record groups, 2015
- Organizing Franklin County Historical Society’s 1700s-1900s newspapers, 2014